ICOM M93D Floating Handheld VHF Radio with GPS and DSC
ICOM MARINE SPRING SAVINGS
Purchase a qualifying ICOM product and receive up to $100 mail-in rebate:
- Purchase a M36 or M93D (Models: 10344513 or 17935487) and receive $30
- Purchase a M400BB (Models: 14413934 or 14413942) and receive $50
- Purchase a M506 (Models: 15155518, 15155526, 15155534, 15155542, or 15337439) and receive $100
Valid April 1, 2017 — June 30, 2017
Meet the advanced M93D, a state-of-the-art handheld VHF radio with the safety advantages of Digital Selective Calling.
Slim and Comfortable to Operate: A flat sheet keypad makes this one of the slimmest floating DSC handheld radios available, and provides a positive click feeling. The comfortable fit in your palm enhances the ease of use.
Intuitive User Interface: It has an intuitive user interface based on ICOM’s common Marine Family User Interface, with a four-way directional keypad plus software keys, so anyone can operate this radio. This is critical in an emergency when there’s no time to read a manual.Built-in Class D DSC: Includes built-in Class D DSC with a dedicated second channel that continuously monitors Channel 70. Just push and hold down the red DISTRESS button on the rear of the radio, and it sends an automated digital distress message to the Coast Guard and all other DSC radio-equipped vessels. Rescuers instantly know who you are, where you are (using GPS coordinates), the name of your boat and the phone numbers of your emergency contacts. Remember that to make these features work, you need to register this radio and get an MMSI Number (like a maritime phone number) from BoatUS (for BoatUS members), Sea Tow or the U.S. Power Squadron.
Active Noise Canceling: Active Noise Canceling digitally removes background noise from both transmit and receive audio and provides clear communication in a noisy maritime environment.
Integrated GNSS Receiver: Integrated GNSS receiver provides your location, bearing and speed with fast time-to-first-fix and pinpoint accuracy by using information from GPS, GLONASS, QZSS and SBAS.
Float’n Flash and MOB Auto Set Function: With ICOM’s Float’n Flash, M93D floats and flashes when dropped into the water. At that time, the radio automatically switches to the Man Overboard distress call mode. Just press and hold the Distress button.
Dualwatch and Tri-watch functions: Convenient functions that enable you to monitor the Distress channel (Ch 16) while receiving on another channel of your choice (Dualwatch), or while receiving on another channel of your choice, and the Call channel (Tri-watch).
- IPX7 submersible (1 meter depth of water for 30 minutes)
- Navigation function from current position to the specified waypoint
- 50 waypoint memories with alphanumeric name
- Weather channel receiver with alert function
- Dual/Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in four levels
- Favorite channel function for quick access to often used functions
- AquaQuake™ draining function clears water away from the speaker grill
- Material: Cast aluminum chassis
- Controls: Ten buttons, three soft keys
- Scanning Modes: Priority, Normal, Dual/Tri-watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Transmit Power: 1/5 Watts
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.25µV; Rejection: 70dB
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion: 1570mAh
- Battery Life: 9 hours at 5% transmit, 5% receive, 90% standby
- Dimensions: 2 1/4"W x 5 11/16"H x 1 1/2"D
- Weight: 9.3 Ounces
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7, floats
- Display Type: 2.3" diagonal high-visibility dot matrix
- GPS Receiver: 48-channel
- Waypoints: 50 waypoint memories
- NMEA Output: No
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof