STANDARD HORIZON GX2200 Matrix AIS Fixed-Mount VHF Radio, Black
With the Purchase of any of these Standard Horizon Models: 14533418, 14533426, 15088214, 15088222, 16263261.
Valid January 1, 2017 — July 31, 2017
MATRIX AIS/GPS GX2200 with integrated GPS and dual-channel AIS receiver utilizes AIS technology for avoiding collisions.
Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver: The GX2200 MATRIX AIS/GPS, features a 66 channel WAAS GPS receiver integrated into the front panel of the radio. Now there is no need to hassle with wiring the radio to an external GPS receiver for DSC (Digital Selective Calling) or AIS (Automated Identification System). Out of the box and ready to go, acquiring AIS and AIS SART targets, DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint navigation, and navigation to DSC distress calls can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
Dual-channel AIS receiver: The MATRIX AIS/GPS displays AIS target information (MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG), allowing you to contact an AIS-equipped vessel directly using DSC. It shows your vessel’s position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS-equipped vessel may be approaching too close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm.
30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back: The MATRIX AIS/GPS includes a 30W Loud Hailer with Fog signals, Bells and Whistles with listen-back capability. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel can be heard when in the PA or Fog modes and the AIS Display may be accessed and used. In addition, the MATRIX AIS/GPS allows you to start a foghorn and then view the AIS page simultaneously.
Programmable collision avoidance alarms: The GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS shows your vessel’s position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS ship may be approaching too close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm, or Time to Closest Point of Approach (TCPA) Alarm.
RAM3 Second Station Compatible: Need to remotely control a VHF from your cockpit of flybridge? The MATRIX AIS/GPS is RAM3 remote mic capable to control all VHF and DSC functions at a second station. In addition, the MATRIX AIS/GPS can show AIS displays and vessel information. The Intercom feature allows communication between the main radio and the remote station.
Waypoint Navigation: Enter and save up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint.
It's built better so it's backed better: Because the GX2200 is built better, it’s back better. If your Standard Horizon GX2200 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges…period! If it fails thereafter in normal use for the life time of the product it is covered by Standard Horizon’s Lifetime Flat Rate Service and Customer Loyalty Programs.
- Integrated 66-channel WAAS GPS receiver
- Integrated dual-channel AIS (Automatic Identification System) receiver
- AIS / AIS SART target display: MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG
- 4800 or 38400 NMEA 0183 baud rate selection, for plotters with only one NMEA port
- True and Magnetic bearing selection on AIS display
- Contact Class A or B AIS Ship with DSC
- Programmable CPA or TCPA collision avoidance alarms
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
- Front panel is submersible to IPX7 standards (3.3 feet or 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- 80dB Commercial grade receiver tunes out noise from adjacent channels
- DSC position request and report functions
- 30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back
- ClearVoice noise canceling speaker microphone with channel selection and 16/9 key
- GPS Compass, Waypoint and GPS status pages
- Navigation (LAT/LON, Time, SOG and COG) information shown on display
- Enter, Save and Navigate to waypoints with Compass page
- E2O (Easy-To-Operate) menu system
- User customizable soft keys for easy menu operation
- Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
- Oversized rotary channel knob with push to enter, backlit display and keys
- Local/Distance attenuator
- Optional connection for RAM3 second station remote microphone with AIS display
- Intercom between radio and RAM3
- Voice Scrambler (optional)
- Channel Selection: Rotary knob, up/down keys on microphone
- Controls: Volume, squelch, channel knob, spring loaded DSC distress cover, backlit keypad
- Microphone Controls: Channel selection, 16/9 key
- Display Type: Backlit alphanumeric LCD
- Scanning Modes: Programmable Scan, priority and Dual Watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Transmit Power: 25/1 Watt
- PA/FOG Signals: 30 Watt with listen back
- NMEA 0183 Inputs: GLL, GGA, GNS, RMC, GSA, GSV
- NMEA 0183 Outputs: DSC, DSE and VDM
- Dimensions: 7 1/8"W x 3 3/16"H x 6 5/16"D
- Flush Mount Cutout: 6 5/16"W x 2 5/8"H x 5 7/8"D
- Amperage: 5A/0.5A
- Waterproof Rating: Front panel meets IPX7, submersible standard
- Warranty: Three years, including water damage; after warranty a $65 flat rate covers the repair