ADVANCED ELEMENTS 4-Piece Compact Touring Kayak Paddle, 231cm
Unlike most paddles that break apart into two pieces, this compact touring paddle has the unique ability to split into four pieces. This makes it ideal for air travel or backpacking with your inflatable kayak. Just tuck it away in a backpack or suitcase and put it together when you're ready to hit the water.
This paddle is portable, lightweight and rugged for all your adventures. It was designed with sturdy, asymmetrical dihedral blades for improved paddling efficiency and snap-buttons connecting each of the four parts, locking it in place for solid pull against the water. Includes drip catchers to assist with keeping water out of your boat.
- Unique ablity to take apart into four pieces
- Compact, portable, lightweight and rugged for all your adventures
- Sturdy, asymmetrical dihedral blades for improved paddling efficiency
- Snap-buttons lock each of the four parts into place for solid pull against the water
- Includes drip catchers to assist with keeping water out of the boat
- Blade angle: 60°
- RHC, LHC, and unfeathered
- Length: 231cm (7' 6")
- Weight: 2.7lb.
- Packable length: 25.5"
Choosing paddle length
When considering paddle length, a good rule to follow is to choose a paddle that's 30cm or roughly a foot taller than you when holding it upright. Also, make sure to take into account the width of your kayak in addition to your height. The greater the kayak width, the more paddle length is needed to reach the water. If you have a sit-on-top kayak and your seat is raised six or more inches above the base, add about three inches to your paddle length.